The Objects of the National Trust as exemplified in its publication Hunter 2000 are:
- To make conservation an integral part of planning in the Hunter Region.
- To ensure that historic buildings and urban areas of special quality are conserved.
- To ensure the provision of adequate open space in urban areas.
- To protect distinctive landscapes.
This supplement sets out in greater detail the principles as outlined in Hunter 2000 published in 1972. the proposals based on the Historic, Scenic, sand Social potential of Newcastle East, should accommodate the wider regional interest of the people of New South Wales.
This supplement contains proposals of the National Trust for the future of Newcastle East, including:
- Historic Sites
- Foreshore Reserves
- Public Buildings Precinct
- Historic Buildings
- Traffic and Transport
- Residential Neighbourhood