Would you like to build practical and digital skills related to the GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, Museums) sector ?
Career-Ready Placement opportunities are available at Special Collections and GLAMx Lab. Students can learn invaluable digitization and other cultural sector skills designed to improve their employability.
Career-Ready Placements available in 2024
- Project 1 – Hannan Photographic Collection
- Project 2 – 3D Scanning Project
- Project 3 – Rotary2023 – Centenary Rotary Club of Newcastle
- Project 4 – Job Shadow (GLAMx Lab Co-ordinator)
- Project 5 – NBN Television Archive Exhibition
- Project 6 – Delprat’s Cottage Digitisation Project
- Project 7 – NBN Television Archive Collection
- Project 8 – 50 Years of Pathways at UON – Living Histories Archive and Virtual Exhibition
- Project 9 – Oral History Program
- Project 10 – Our Regional World 50 years ago
- Project 11 – “The Way We Were”
- Project 12 – Then & Now Series
- Project 13 – “Through their Eyes” Project
- Project 14 – Social Media Content (Special Collections)
Watch the following Library Webinar to hear Career-Ready student Oliver Salmon share his experience at the GLAMx Lab.
Career-Ready Placements & GLAMx Webinar – WATCH HERE
These are some of the skills you can learn
- Transforming a range of physical formats into digital objects.
- Drawing on GLAM professions across conservation, archival science, librarianship, digitization, metadata and data management, curatorial and digital heritage sectors
- 3D scanning and Virtual Reality technologies
- Using innovative technological solutions to expand the discoverability and accessibility of archival sources including through a state-of-the art community engagement platform for digitised cultural collections, Living Histories digital repository
- Digital mapping of collections
- Oral histories and community stories
- Research collections for on-line curation
- Research and curation of archival film footage
- Collaborate with community and industry professions via the Hunter Living Histories monthly showcase.
Students from across a range of disciplines have worked on Career-Ready projects, see past Career-Ready projects HERE.
If you are interested in undertaking a Career-Ready placement, or interested in volunteering, please send us an Enquiry.