Would you like to build practical and digital skills related to the GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, Museums) sector ?
Work Integrated Learning (WIL) opportunities are available at Special Collections and GLAMx Lab. Students can learn invaluable digitization and other cultural sector skills designed to improve their employability.
Also see WIL brochure Professional Experience Opportunities for students in the University Library
Click on project links to find out more :-
- NBN Television Project
- Oral History Project
- Rare Graphics Collection
- Fraternal Society Collection
- Hannan Photographic collection
- Community collaborative projects (Stories of Our Town, Rotary commemoration)
Watch the following Library Webinar to hear WIL student Oliver Salmon share his experience at the GLAMx Lab.
WIL & GLAMx Webinar – WATCH HERE
These are some of the skills you can learn
- Transforming a range of physical formats into digital objects.
- Drawing on GLAM professions across conservation, archival science, librarianship, digitization, metadata and data management, curatorial and digital heritage sectors
- 3D scanning and Virtual Reality technologies
- Using innovative technological solutions to expand the discoverability and accessibility of archival sources including through a state-of-the art community engagement platform for digitised cultural collections, Living Histories @ UON
- Digital mapping of collections
- Oral histories and community stories
- Research collections for on-line curation
- Research and curation of archival film footage
- Collaborate with community and industry professions via the Hunter Living Histories monthly showcase.
Students from across a range of disciplines have worked on WIL projects, see past WIL projects HERE.
If you are interested in undertaking a work integrated learning (WIL) placement, or interested in volunteering, please send us an Enquiry.