Hunter Living Histories Showcase is on
Monday 7 August 2023 (1.00pm-2.30pm)
Online showcases are held on the first Monday of every month (except January and public holidays) and open to staff and students of the University of Newcastle, the community, bona fide community researchers, industry partners and professionals to share their research.
Begin (1.00 pm):
Acknowledgement of Country
Gionni di Gravio OAM (Chair HLH & University Archivist)
Showcase Guest Presentation 1:
“Conservation Hannan Photographic Archive” (Dr Amir Moghadam)
Showcase Guest Presentation 2:
“Coordinating the WIL Student & Volunteer Work on the Hannan Project” (Dr Ann Hardy)
Showcase Guest Presentation 3:
“Digitisation of the Hannan Archive” WIL Student Perspectives (WIL Student – Tamara Asmus)
Hot Topics / Discussion : Panel Discussion with Founders and Photographers of Hannan Photographics and related firms.
UPDATES FROM THE REGIONS
- Regional GLAM Institutions Updates
- Hunter Regional Committee Hunter National Trust Updates
LIVING HISTORIES NEWS
- Stand Out Women : Storytelling. History. Art Exhibition celebrates women—pioneers, innovators, influencers—who made their mark in the history of Newcastle and the Hunter. At Nobbys-Whibayganba headland 5 August – 1 October 2023 (Weekends only 10am-4pm)
- INVITATION Book Launch of “EARLY VISIONS Women Artists of Newcastle and the Hunter Region from the Colonial Period to 1969 by Margaret McBride. Launch by Dr Ann Hardy University of Newcastle to be held in the theatre, Newcastle Museum, 6 workshop way Newcastle. Sunday 27 August at 11am
- Inner Newcastle Heritage Walk hosted Engineering Heritage Newcastle. Meeting Point: 1:15pm Newcastle Museum – foyer 6 Workshop Way Newcastle. DATE & TIME Saturday 2 September 2023 Walk: 1:30pm – 4:30pm.
- Book and Calendar Launch – Renown Hunter Historian and author Ed Tonks will be launching his new book, More Dry Lines and Empty Cellars and 2024 Calendar, Diesels on the S.M.R. to the Year 2000 at The Thirsty Messiah Brewery, 140 Lambton Road, Broadmeadow on the 24th August 2023 at 6pm for 6:30pm. All Welcome. More info: https://www.edtonks.com.au/
- Special Collections Exhibition: “Glamour on Glass: Memories from the Newcastle Sun” 28 June 2023 at 2pm. Exhibition features photographic prints from The Newcastle Sun glass plate negatives collection (1918-1936) held by the Library.
- History Week 2023, 2-8 Sept Voices from the Past History Council NSW
- Spirit of Place Exhibition. Singleton Arts and Cultural Centre. 24 June 2023 – 3 September 2023.
- Latest HLH blog posts- Further info HERE
End : (2.30 pm)
Next Showcase – 11 September 2023 (NB. 2nd Monday of month)