Since 2022, Volunteers and Work Integrated Learning (WIL) students at the GLAMx Lab have worked on several phases of the Hannan Photographic Archive, including scanning and transcribing ledgers associated with the photographic business. As well as digitising, researching and creating metadata for each individual photograph. As at August 2023, the team have digitised over 500 photographs, each given unique titles and uploaded to Special Collections Living Histories digital repository
You can view digitised photos from the Hannan Archive online HERE
During 2022-23 the following people have worked on the project:-
WIL students – Harper Wang, Chelsea Morris-Barker, Tamara Asmus, MacKenzie Haynes.
Some of the project processes involved:-
- Digitisation (of ledgers & photo negatives)
- Transcribing business ledgers (into Excel)
- Convert Tiff assets to jpg format
- Edit jpg files in Photoshop
- Create metadata for images
- Other Skills and Opportunities
- Use of rare book scanner to digitise archival ledgers
- Use of Excel Worksheet for transcribed data
- Research images (GoogleEarth/Trove)
We sincerely thank everyone involved in this project.
Also see other posts associated with the Hannan Photographic Archive Here