Hunter Living Histories Showcase is on
Monday 5 June 2023 (1.00pm-2.30pm).
Hybrid meetings are held via ZOOM and in Person in Room L326 at the Auchmuty Library, Callaghan Campus, Newcastle, NSW. (Type Room no. into ONLINE MAP)
Online showcases are held on the first Monday of every month (except January and public holidays) and open to staff and students of the University of Newcastle, the community, bona fide community researchers, industry partners and professionals to share their research.
Begin (1.00 pm):
Acknowledgement of Country
Gionni di Gravio OAM (Chair HLH & University Archivist)
Showcase Guest Presentation 1: “Liddell: it had to close!” (Dr Ken Thornton)
Showcase Guests Presentation 2: Raise Your Voice: Talking Back to Monuments (Assoc. Prof Nancy Cushing, Mr Nicholas Orr, Dr Irene Perez Lopez) – Raise Your Voice: A Community Forum on Talking Back to Monuments, 3 June 2023, 2 – 4, University of Newcastle Art Gallery Further details and free tickets HERE
NEWS & UPDATES
- Special Collections – Thesis Digitisation Project
- Regional GLAM institutions
- Hunter National Trust
- History Week 2023, 2-8 Sept Voices from the Past History Council NSW
- Invitation to Participate – “LGBTQIA+ engagement with ‘hybrid spaces’ in the Hunter: perspectives on consent, safety and expression”
Hot Topics / Discussion :
ABC Mornings Local History Segment (Discussion led by Robert Watson) – Opportunities for younger and fresh voices to contribute to 5 minute broadcasts on the “Person Behind the Place” Segments on ABC Radio.
Places already covered include:
- Black Margarets Bay
- And also looked at why there aren’t any/many places named after First nations people
End : (2.30 pm)
Next Showcase – 3 July, 2023