VICTORIA BRIDGE BETWEEN EAST AND WEST MAITLAND.
This Bridge is from an English design materially improved by the Colonil Architect, E.T. Blacket, Esquire. The building was commenced about the middle of 1852, and finished at a cost of less than £2,000. The bridge which is built in an oblique direction, over Wallis Creek, is very durable, and well adapted for the purpose for which it was originally intended. The length of it is 170 feet. Besides the carriage-way there are footpaths on both sides.
Digitised from the microfilm by Gionni Di Gravio.